Xeno Shatter Driver
|Xeno Shatter Driver||Shatter Driver Turret|
|Shatter Driver||Heavy Shatter Driver||Xeno Shatter Driver|
|“||The Xeno Shatter Driver fires a long range Alien projectile, that shatters on impact into an arc of multiple projectiles, hitting any targets behind it.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Xeno Shatter Driver||I||II|
|Mass||2,723 t||3,218 t|
|Projectile Range||5,140 m|
|Speed||3,000 m/s||3,300 m/s|
|Firing Cycle||C: 0.0 / F: 0.0 / R: 4.0 / N: 1|
|Restricted to||Xeno Division, A.X.I.S., Altairians|
|Hull XP||7,661 XP||8,221 XP|
|Arms Lab Required||VIII||IX|
|Time||15h 30m||19h 15m|
General[edit | edit source]
The secondary projectiles travel much faster than in the regular and heavy version: 4,500 m/s and 4,950 m/s for levels I and II respectively.
Strategy and Setup[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
Xeno Shatter Drivers have even better mass efficiency than Heavy Shatter Drivers. They have increased projectile speed which frees up a special slot and reduces the mass needed to use this weapon effectively. Some people equip Xeno Siege Casing with this weapon on destroyers for extra damage against modules.
Xeno Shatter Drivers also benefit from faster secondary projectiles, allowing the shatter to more reliably hit ships that are further away from the main target.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
Xeno Shatter Drivers cannot be accelerated, capping their maximum speed at around 3 km/s and making them easier to dodge than Heavy Shatter Drivers equipped with Iridium Magnets V.
While they have the highest listed DPS out of all Xeno Division Ship Weapons, Xeno Shatter Drivers also weigh significantly more and are less mass-efficient compared to them. They are weak to rush attacks similar to the regular Shatter Driver.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Xeno Shatter Driver's primary and secondary projectiles do a total of 66.7% and 50% DPS respectively.
- The Xeno Shatter Driver fails to hit targets at the very edge of maximum range with its primary shot, effectively only doing 50% DPS instead of 66.7%.
- This is the first weapon with different projectile speeds based on level.
- This weapon is no longer available to Umbra hulls after the late April 2019 update to facilitate the rock-paper-scissors system between T7 factions. Existing items will be replaced by Blight Atomic Driver in the May 2019 update.
- Along with other T6 equipment, this item's build time was significantly reduced during the late April 2019 update as summarized here.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The design behind Shatter Driver and its variants
Exterminator Destroyers armed with Xeno Shatter Driver taking out an Alien outpost