|“||By compacting weapons munitions, Xeno Munitions causes the spread to remain tighter during travel and also produces a larger area of detonations upon delivery.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Hull XP||2,322 XP||3,284 XP|
|Restricted to||Xeno Division, A.X.I.S., Altairians|
|Tech Lab Required||VI||VIII|
|Time||8h 55m||11h 10m|
General[edit | edit source]
Surprisingly, it can be stacked with Phased Solenoid.
Strategy and Setup[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
Xeno Munitions grant a percentage AoE increase; this may not sound like much for Xeno Cluster Missiles and Xeno Seeker Missiles but it makes a huge difference for Xeno Bombardment Torpedoes and Xeno Sai Missiles, causing the explosions to easily damage multiple opponents at once.
Xeno Munitions enables your weapons to hit stationary enemies with much greater accuracy, due to the massive decrease in spread.
This special takes up almost no mass, freeing up space to equip more powerful defenses.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
Weapons paired with Xeno Munitions are rather weak against moving targets due to the reduced spread, making them extremely easy to dodge.
The shield bypass bonus is useless against most T6 hulls and above because they often have light shields and heavy armor, but may prove useful against Altairian Hulls which are quite heavy on shielding. Note that shield bypass does not work against Ablative Armor and Screens.
Compared with other specials, Xeno Munitions take a relatively long time to build, which may not be worth it unless you are using Xeno Bombardment Torpedoes or other Alien-type weapons with large explosions by default: the only buff that really counts is the AoE increase.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first weapon boost for Alien Weapons.
- This is also the first that reduces weapon spread.
- During the April 2017 update, Xeno Munitions got extra spread reduction and was granted a shield bypass effect.
- This special is no longer available to Umbra hulls after the late April 2019 update to facilitate the rock-paper-scissors system between T7 factions. Existing items will be replaced by Incendiary Corpus in the May 2019 update.
- Along with other T6 equipment, this item's build time was significantly reduced during the late April 2019 update as summarized here.
Gallery[edit | edit source]