|“||The Valkyrie Carrier is VSec's rarely-seen and extremely dangerous new hull. It projects a phased projectile field to support allies.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
General[edit | edit source]
|Ship Factory X,|
Ship Lab X
|“||Its Phased Projectile field ensures more direct damage to the enemy's armor.||”|
The Valkyrie Carrier is a Tier 4 hull with more advanced VEGA Security technology.
Strategy and Setup[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
The Valkyrie Carrier is commonly used in cancer fleets, which contain long-range ships such as destroyers to guarantee that the enemy takes more damage than the user does. The extra 25% shield bypass stacks with mark upgrade bonuses, rendering shields almost completely useless.
Battleship fleets that are boosted by the Phase Shifter gain a distinct advantage against others that use recharging shields, by inflicting much more direct health damage without having to deplete their shields.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
The Ragnarok Carrier is more reliable because opponents can simply choose to run and not engage Valkyrie Carrier fleets.
Valkyrie Carriers are not useful against NPC Targets because NPC ships usually have sufficient health to outlast shield depletion, even against high levels of shield bypass.
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
|Max. Mass||7,282 t||7,629 t||7,975 t||8,322 t|
|Cargo||625,000 t||750,000 t||875,000 t||1,000,000 t|
|Prerequisites||Previous level of Valkyrie Carrier,|
Same level of Midgard Carrier
|Time||2m 00s||3m 00s||4m 00s||5m 00s|
|Time||2h 22m||4h 44m||7h 05m||9h 00m|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Valkyrie Carrier was first featured in a video months before the event, seen in the KIXEYE Youtube Video around 0:32-0:33 featuring two scenes of the Valkyrie Carrier in combat.
- A picture of the Valkyrie Carrier's specs was supposedly leaked on the forums, foreshadowing its availability in Shadow Strike.
- Before the Shadow Strike event started, players thought that the Valkyrie Carrier would have a Stasis Field rather than a Phase Shifter. This led to disappointment when it was introduced to the players.
- The support field was swapped due to concerns that it would be too overpowered, despite the Agility Field providing a similar (but opposite) effect.
- All player ships had their Resurgence values modified as a result of the late February 2020 update.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The leaked specs of the Valkyrie Carrier, showing that it was supposed to have a Stasis Field