|Sovereign Carrier||Usurper Carrier|
|“||The Usurper Carrier is an imposing replica of the Altairians' cherished Sovereign Carrier. It follows the combat oriented design and adds the Resurgence System that helps sustain this powerhouse.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
General[edit | edit source]
|Ship Factory XIII,|
Ship Lab XII
|1d 19h 12m|
Note that Tier 7 ships (except dreadnoughts) have a fixed repair time which is not affected by equipment.
Strategy and Setup[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
The Usurper Carrier, being based off the Sovereign, retains most of its strengths. Firstly, it boosts the amount of shield energy of shields equipped to it, and grants them the ability to recharge over time.
In addition, it can equip Void Cyclotron Beams, allowing it to decimate most enemy targets from afar as most hulls dont have void resistance with the exception of others such as the Phoenix Frigate and other Marauder Hulls.
It also has the added advantage of being able to equip the original Marauder compact generators, making it the first T7A carrier to be able to grant the agility, Ion or phased support fields.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
Without resistance to any other weapon types, the Usurper will go down quickly to anything that uses a damage type outside of void damage.
Like all carriers, it is slow, and has limited mobility, making it somewhat of a liability in combat even with the benefits it offers.
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
|Max. Mass||24,415 t||25,575 t||26,735 t||27,900 t||27,900 t|
|Cargo||4,564,800 t||4,755,000 t||4,945,200 t||5,135,400 t||10,270,800 t|
|Sector Speed||240 AU/h||240 AU/h||240 AU/h||240 AU/h||390 AU/h|
|Hull XP||63,695 XP||73,166 XP||84,046 XP||96,544 XP||96,544 XP|
|Hangar Weapon Mass||-5%||-15%||-30%||-50%||-50%|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Usurper Carrier is the first Tier 7 Marauder Carrier.
- The Usurper Carrier was highly anticipated by the player base.
- The sprites for this ship were released early with the rest of the T7 Marauder Hulls.
- All player ships had their Resurgence values modified as a result of the late February 2020 update.
- The repair time of all Tier 7 ships apart from dreadnoughts has been standardized to a flat 2 hours (similar to existing Tier 8 ships) in the late September 2020 update.
Gallery[edit | edit source]