|“||We don't know where this ship came from. Is it one of ours?||”|
|— In-Game Description|
General[edit | edit source]
|Umbra Carnage Cargo|
|Ship Factory X,|
Ship Lab X
|1h 02m 15s|
The Phoenix Frigate is a new frigate introduced with the Umbra faction. It was discovered in July 2018, and its origins are yet unknown.
What is known however, is that the Frigate is designed specifically to destroy enemy carriers.
Strategy and Setup[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
The Phoenix Frigate is designed as a carrier killer. It has an inherent bonus to armor health, enabling it to withstand much more damage when equipped with additional armor. It also has a bonus +100% shield damage, making it able to quickly deplete shield heavy ships like the Sovereign Carrier.
In addition, it has a carrier damage bonus, and thus will make short work of them should it be allowed to get into firing range. Its Bloodhunt ability further supplements this, granting a 10% resistance to all damage types, in addition to increased damage against carriers, ship and turning speed as well as a hefty amount of shield bypass, whenever the frigate enters an enemy support field.
It also cancels out the effectiveness of chain weapons, having a high counter chain of 8, and has an inherent 50% alien resistance.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
Despite the defensive bonuses, the Phoenix lacks shields, and thus lacks an additional layer of protection that it can use to hide behind. It thus takes full damage from most weapons, with no way of regenerating it in between battles.
This also makes it highly vulnerable to ships that have hull damage modifiers such as the Paragon Battleship.
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
|Max. Mass||14,920 t||15,630 t||16,340 t||17,050 t||17,050 t|
|Cargo||1,521,600 t||1,585,000 t||1,648,400 t||1,711,800 t||3,423,600 t|
|Sector Speed||660 AU/h||660 AU/h||660 AU/h||660 AU/h||780 AU/h|
|Hull XP||42,023 XP||48,272 XP||55,450 XP||63,695 XP||63,695 XP|
|Overdrive||Bloodhunt II||Bloodhunt III||Bloodhunt IV||Bloodhunt V||Bloodhunt V|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Phoenix Frigate is the first hull of the frigate class since the Demon Corps season.
- It is also the first with bonus damage to specifically Carriers.
- The Phoenix Frigate closely resembles the Blood Raven. After the Phoenix's release, lykaios.wolf, owner of the Blood Raven, received 5 free hulls as compensation.
- The Phoenix Frigate is the first hull of the new Tier 7.5 faction.
- In the Umbra Infector targets, it was hinted that the Phoenix has the ability to "corrupt" other enemy ships and turn them into one of their own, possibly due to the Alien Infection.
- The Phoenix Frigate's build time has been reduced in the update of October 2018.
- As part of the early April 2019 update, this ship has received resistance to Alien Nebula and Blight Damage.
- The Phoenix Frigate originally did not gain its Bloodhunt overdrive from being in enemy support fields that inflict debuffs (i.e. the Stasis Field). When the Enfeeble Field was introduced in the late August 2019 update, its behaviour was changed so that it now activates when the ship is within any enemy support field.
- All player ships had their Resurgence values modified as a result of the late February 2020 update.
Gallery[edit | edit source]