|“||A cutting edge technology that temporarily shifts the hull into a pocket dimension, obscuring it from sight and allowing projectiles to pass through.||”|
| || — Cipher Event Trailer |
(Not to be confused with Phased Projectiles and its variants, which target shield defenses.)
Phasing is an ability granted by Screens, which enable Pharmakon ships and modules in the same fleet or base to enter and exit Phase State together according to a timed cycle. Many Pharmakon Overdrives are triggered whenever this happens.
Note that Phasing does not consume Screen Energy.
Ships in Phase State continue to enjoy the effects of their Exiting Phase State overdrive if not yet elapsed.
Ships in Phase State continue to affect, and be affected by, Support Fields.
Ships in Phase State do not count towards Overdrive activation requirements.
Comparison between Phasing V1 and V2[edit | edit source]
Phasing has undergone a major revamp in the early November 2019 update, which is summarized by the below table.
|Aspect / Version
- Screen Energy, Phase Screen Charge and Phase Screen Drain are individual attributes.
- Modifiers of Screen Energy, Phase Screen Charge and Phase Screen Drain only apply to that same individual and are independent: increasing Screen Energy does not automatically increase Phase Screen Charge/Drain.
- Phasing does not function if Screen Energy is less than Phase Threshold.
- Screen Energy is a group attribute, calculated as the sum of each individual's Screen Energy. Phase Screen Charge and Phase Screen Drain are equal to 17% and 10% of the group's modified Screen Energy respectively.
- Modifiers of Phase Screen Charge and Phase Screen Drain apply to the whole fleet and stack additively to the base value.
- Phasing functions regardless of Screen Energy. Phase Threshold has been effectively set to zero.
- Each ship enters and exits Phase State independently except when in range of the Phase Field, using its own Phase Energy value.
- Phase Charge Hacking only affects the ship that is hit.
- All ships in the same fleet enter and exit Phase State together, sharing the same Phase Energy value.
- Phase Charge Hacking affects the entire fleet. In addition, if multiple ships are under Phase Charge Hacking, the effect for the whole fleet is stacked multiplicatively.
- Upon entering Phase State, any currently-applied debuffs continue to be applied to the ship.
- Ships in Phase State are all but completely disengaged from the battle:
- Ships in Phase State are invisible, cannot be targeted/hit and do not count towards Overdrives that rely on their presence to activate.
- Weapon projectiles pass through ships in Phase State. However, they still collide with any other ship and cannot pass through barriers generated by Altairian Pylon Emitters.
- Ships in Phase State cannot open fire, though squadrons that have been launched continue to function.
- Upon entering Phase State, any currently-applied debuffs that do not originate from Support Fields are removed.
- Ships in Phase State are partially disengaged from the battle:
- Ships in Phase State remain visible, can be targeted/hit and count towards Overdrives that rely on their presence to activate.
- Weapon projectiles can directly hit ships in Phase State.
- Ships in Phase State can open fire at enemies in range, but at a reduced rate: +50% to charge time and cooldown time.
- Ships in Phase State are immune to debuffs that do not originate from Support Fields.
- Ships in Phase State have their defence set to 100%.
- The Phase Energy of each affected ship is frozen.
- The cooldown timer begins from the moment the duration ends.
- When activated, sets the fleet's Phase Energy to full.
- Friendly ships not in range remain out of Phase State but Phase Energy remains synced.
- The fleet's Phase Energy is allowed to drain, which eventually pulls ships out of Phase State.
- Even if the duration ends before the above happens, ships already in Phase State continue to be in Phase State.
- The cooldown timer begins from the moment the duration begins.
Read here for more details.
- Phasing has undergone a major revamp in the early November 2019 update. After the downtime, all Pharmakon ships have been granted one free refit until an upgrade credit is applied to the ship.
A ship that is in Phase State (represented by a yellow tinge). Ships in Phase State are semi-transparent.
An illustration of the Phase Cycle.
An illustration of Phase as screen energy is being depleted.