|“||A long range artillery Umbra ship. Its Gorgon Gaze can instantly disrupt enemy walls to creating openings for itself and other ships in the fleet to cause massive damage.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
General[edit | edit source]
|Gorgon Gaze I|
|Umbra Hunter Cargo|
|Ship Factory XIII,|
Ship Lab XII
The Medusa Destroyer is the Umbra Destroyer, designed for siege warfare.
Strategy and Setup[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
Possessing increased module damage, like its Altairian counterpart the Inquisitor Destroyer, the Medusa is designed to bombard slow moving or stationary targets from afar, out of range of most other ship weapons. Its Altairian Damage modifier also makes it well suited to taking on Altairian Fleets as well.
Its Gorgon Gaze overdrive allows its weapons (provided they are a driver weapon) to disable walls for a short period of time, thus allowing them to target vulnerable modules behind the walls.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
Like all destroyers, With a slow turning speed and narrow firing arc, blitz attacks can overpower a Medusa Destroyer fleet if a pincer approach is adopted. It is equally vulnerable to squadrons as well. Use cruisers to protect the relatively fragile destroyers from incoming attack or decoy incoming fire away.
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
|Max. Mass||19,170 t||20,080 t||20,995 t||21,905 t||21,905 t|
|Cargo||2,175,840 t||2,266,500 t||2,357,160 t||2,447,820 t||4,895,640 t|
|Sector Speed||480 AU/h||480 AU/h||480 AU/h||480 AU/h||780 AU/h|
|Hull XP||45,039 XP||51,736 XP||59,430 XP||68,267 XP||68,267 XP|
|Overdrive||Gorgon Gaze II||Gorgon Gaze III||Gorgon Gaze IV||Gorgon Gaze V||Gorgon Gaze V|
|Time||7h 08m||12h 24m||19h 32m||1d 0h||0s|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Medusa Destroyer's significantly lower build and upgrade times represent the first of KIXEYE's efforts to reduce waiting times across the board during the transition to 2019.
- This ship originally had no shield bypass, which has been fixed during the update of October 2018.
- Medusa Destroyer's design resemble that of a Scythe Destroyer.
- As part of the early April 2019 update, this ship has received resistance to Alien Nebula.
- All player ships had their Resurgence values modified as a result of the late February 2020 update.
Gallery[edit | edit source]