NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS ENDED AS OF 7TH OF NOVEMBER. DEMON CORPS RAVAGER FLEETS OR GREATER UNKNOWN SIGNAL FLEETS ARE NO LONGER LAUNCHED AND INTEL ARE NO LONGER OBTAINABLE
Event Overview[edit | edit source]
|“||Find the general.... end him... and survive...||”|
The pestilent General Geir has once again unleashed an alien attack on the frontier.
In an effort to frustrate the rebellion's plans, he also intends to relinquish direct control of the creatures, making any future attacks completely unpredictable.
The mysterious Algol has lapsed into a deafening silence, his visions of despair have finally come true.
Event Quotes[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
|“||Keres wants to stop the aliens by stopping Geir himself, but he permanently relinquishes control of them, ending her plan.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
Maelstrom is the 26th Major event to occur in Vega Conflict, and the first with an event fleet that surrounds the players.
Event Information[edit | edit source]
|SCHEDULED EVENT DATES|
|START TIME||3:00 pm PDT|
|END TIME||3:00 pm PDT|
|START DATE||Thursday, November 3, 2016.|
|END DATE||Monday, November 7, 2016.|
|GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION|
|EVENT TYPE||Attack + Defend||Demon Corps Ravagers (Attack), Unknown Signal Fleets (Attack), Demon Corps Siege (Defend)|
|ANTAGONIST||The Demon Corps and the Aliens|
|DEUTERAGONIST||Rebels (Of Course)|
|DURATION OF EVENT||4 days||Event Shop closes Tuesday, 8 November 2016|
Event Prizes[edit | edit source]
|Returning Prizes||New Prizes||Amount of Intel|
|Storm Driver I||Volatile Fuel I||Manifold Missile I||Electric Rails I||Arc Missile Turret I||50,000|
|Storm Driver II||Volatile Fuel II||Manifold Missile II||Electric Rails II||Arc Missile Turret II||200,000|
|Storm Driver III||Volatile Fuel III||Manifold Missile III||Electric Rails III||Arc Missile Turret III||500,000|
DEMON CORPS RAVAGERS
|Amount of Intel Received|
GREATER UNKNOWN SIGNAL FLEETS (CO-OP)
|Fleet Level||Amount of Intel Received|
DEMON CORPS SIEGE FLEETS
|Base Level||Amount of Intel Received|
Fleet Layouts[edit | edit source]
For more information about the event fleet layouts, please refer here: Main Event Targets/Demon Corps
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Maelstrom is believed by many to be one of the WORST events released by KIXEYE. The surrounding fleet layout and the carriers and the cruisers' strength made many players leave the game or quit the event entirely.
- Maelstrom is the first event to have a surrounding fleet layout which was first used by the old Alien Hive Fleets.
- Maelstrom is the first event to feature a continuous alien attack.
- Maelstrom was the first event to feature new alien fleets in the form of Greater Unknown Signals, with a new layout putting the Alien Hives much closer together.
- Maelstrom was originally thought to award the Dominion Carrier by some players.
- The difficulty of Maelstrom's fleets was greatly reduced as the event progressed. At first, some players suspected they were made stronger before being certainly toned down.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Riot • Civil War • Alien Mobilization • Alien Decimation • Special Event • Smash & Grab • Planet Strike • Sector Strike • Alien Strike • Crafting Event • Alliance War • Mobilization • Decimation • Void Strike • Altairian Rising • Umbra Rising • Pharmakon Rising
2014 Feature Events
2015 Feature Events
2016 Feature Events
2017 Feature Events
2018 Feature Events
2019 Feature Events
2020 Feature Events