|“||The Legion Battleship is a variant of the Demon Corps Hellfire Battleship designed to emulate alien hive siege combat principles.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
General[edit | edit source]
Firing Arc 1
|90.00° (90.00° offset)|
Firing Arc 2
|90.00° (-90.00° offset)|
|Ship Factory X,|
Ship Lab X
Though technically a battleship, this ship is considered as a Class X hull, with properties that violate that of its original class.
Strategy and Setup[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
Legion Battleships are strong, defensive ships that specialise in destroying Hive Fleets, and generally poor at pursuing enemy ships, requiring their opponents to come to them.
Legion Battleships are best used against enemy bases, literally spamming them with up to 2 squadrons per ship, plus 6 from a Dominion Carrier. The sheer amount of squadrons is enough to slowly whittle down a Combat Module's health and destroy it, provided that it do not have enough range to fire back.
They are also effective against fleets that lack squadron defense, for obvious reasons.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
Legion Battleships are tanky but lack damage, with only half the weapon slots of a Hellfire Battleship. These weapons should be considered supplementary and mainly used to defend against enemy squadrons.
The fatal flaw of Legion Battleships is their speed. While they technically cannot be kited by any ship due to extensive squadron coverage, battleships with adequate squadron defense can take advantage of the fact that the Legion Battleship does not receive a range bonus. Marked-up frigates and cutters have no problem catching and destroying them with their anti-class bonuses.
As there are no fleets that drop its fragments anymore, it can no longer be upgraded.
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
|Max. Mass||6,993 t||7,326 t||7,659 t||7,992 t|
|Cargo||219,750 t||263,700 t||307,650 t||351,600 t|
|Prerequisites||Previous level of Legion Battleship,|
Same level of Fury Battleship
|Time||2m 00s||2m 45s||3m 30s||4m 15s|
|Time||2h 09m||3h 45m||5h 54m||7h 15m|
Note: Legion Battleship upgrades use Hellfire Battleship Parts.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Legion Battleship is unique as a battleship: it has squadron slots but no special slots, is extremely slow and does not get a range bonus.
- It is the first Class X hull in the game. Due to its failure, it was also the last.
- It is also the only non-carrier player hull that has hangar slots, and the slowest player hull in the game.
- The Legion Battleship's classic skin color is silver - this is different in comparison with all other Demon Corps Hulls which feature blood red as their classic hull paint.
- Players also jokingly call the Legion Battleship "void" and "Lemon" as well, due to it being seen as completely useless.
- The Legion Battleship patterns have NOT appeared since the Xeno Division season, until the Decimation of November 2018, during which pattern boxes were made available for a while. Now they're not available anymore, and most likely won't be again.
- A bonus to DPS was added to battleship mark upgrades around the middle of 2018.
- All player ships had their Resurgence values modified as a result of the late February 2020 update.
- Originally, during its development, the Legion was supposed to have 9 weapons slots, 5 Hangar slots and was faster than a cruiser, so it was most likely an early incarnation of a Dreadnought flagship. Seeing what ultimately became of the released version, it might've been a better choice.
Gallery[edit | edit source]