|Tungsten Armor||Tungsten Plates|
|Tungsten Armor||Fused Armor|
|“||Tungsten Armor is a composite metal that takes after its namesake. Tough to break and even tougher to forge, it's available only to the highest caliber pilots in the Rebellion.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Tungsten Armor||I||II||III (XX)||IV (XXAL)|
|Mass||584 t||845 t||1,010 t||1,537 t|
|Hull XP||4,267 XP||5,253 XP||6,467 XP||7,962 XP|
|Restricted to||A.X.I.S., Altairians, Umbra, Pharmakon, Spectre|
|Farming Tier||AXIS Reaper Cargo||AXIS Reaper Cargo||N/A||ENAL: AXIS Reaper Cargo|
EXAL: AXIS Deceiver Cargo
KIAL: AXIS Outpost Cargo
|Ship Lab Required||VII||VIII||N/A||VIII|
|Ship Lab Required||N/A||N/A||VIII||N/A|
|Time||2h 45m||3h 15m||3h 50m||4h 15m|
|Time||21m 58s||26m 29s||22m 17s||20m 33s|
Note: XXAL Tungsten Armor is not available to Pharmakon.
General[edit | edit source]
The Tungsten Armor is an incredible ship armor that boasts superior mass efficiency. It can only be used on A.X.I.S. Hulls or better.
The EN, EX and KI Tungsten Armor are variants of Tungsten Armor that protect against the corresponding damage type.
The ENAL, EXAL and KIAL Tungsten Armor are even more advanced, additionally providing Alien resistance.
Strategy and Setup[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
Compared to Talonite Armor and Heavy Talonite Armor, Tungsten Armor only offers mediocre protection but takes up much less mass. With this armor, your ships can be tanky and damaging at the same time.
XX Tungsten Armor is much more mass efficient than XX Heavy Talonite Armor, enabling your ships to achieve even greater health using the same amount of mass.
XXAL Tungsten Armor is useful against most Alien Event Targets which often deal Alien Damage. It also costs less repair time than XX Tungsten Armor despite providing more protection overall.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
Tungsten Armor is only useful when put on ships with many armor slots such as the Guardian Cruiser. Enforcer Battleships are not suitable because they only have one armor slot, severely limiting their maximum health.
While Tungsten Armor has lower health value, it gives noticeably more XP than Talonite Armor and its Heavy variant, allowing higher-level enemies to attack your fleet. The same could be said for XX Tungsten Armor and XXAL Tungsten Armor in relation to their Talonite counterparts.
XXAL Tungsten Armor has the same mass efficiency as XXAL Heavy Talonite Armor, yet provides less health and takes longer to build. It is only useful when you do not have enough remaining mass to fit the corresponding Talonite Armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tungsten is a real-life metal. It is a hard, rare metal (under standard conditions, when uncombined), and is found naturally on Earth almost exclusively in chemical compounds. It was identified as a new element in 1781 and first isolated as a metal in 1783.
- EN and ENAL Tungsten Armor were first available in The Markets rather than an event store.
- XX Tungsten Armor used to have 27m 51s repair time, but it was significantly decreased to match the repair ratio of XX Heavy Talonite Armor.
- XXAL Tungsten Armor used to have 29m 22s repair time, but it was significantly decreased to match the repair ratio of XXAL Heavy Talonite Armor.
- The Xeno variant of this item is no longer available to Umbra hulls after the late April 2019 update to facilitate the rock-paper-scissors system between T7 factions. Existing items will be replaced by Elemental Node Armor pieces in the May 2019 update.
- Along with other T6.5 equipment, this item's build time was significantly reduced during the late April 2019 update as summarized here.
Gallery[edit | edit source]