|“||The Destiny Cruiser is a well known VEGA hull. It's faster and more versatile than a rebel cruiser.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
General[edit | edit source]
|VEGA Tier I|
The Destiny Cruiser is a Tier 2 hull with minimized VEGA Mining technology.
As a cruiser, this ship has great defensive capability and is designed to soak up damage.
Strategy and Setup[edit | edit source]
Advantages[edit | edit source]
Destiny Cruisers have slightly more health and maximum mass than Exodus Cruisers. This extra mass allows the ship to equip heavier equipment.
They also have a small ship profile, vastly improving their dodging capability.
To kite other ships, you need more advanced long-range homing weaponry such as the Vector Torpedo: without Iridium Magnets, even Gladius Drivers can be easily dodged. For medium-range combat, Hydra Missiles are extremely reliable until the enemy manages to get inside your minimum range, so be sure to use Thermal Beams or Burst Rays as well.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
Destiny Cruisers have very limited slots. In particular, they have fewer weapon, armor and special slots than the Exodus Cruiser. This means that Destiny Cruisers are forced to equip high-level weapons or armor pieces, which is often less mass-efficient than using more instances of lower-level equipment, which counteracts the extra mass capacity. In addition, the only special slot for this ship is usually reserved for thrusters, depriving this ship of a weapon boost.
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
|Max. Mass||2,231 t||2,338 t|
|Cargo||40,000 t||48,000 t|
|Prerequisites||Previous level of Destiny Cruiser,|
Same level of Exodus Cruiser
|Time||1m 00s||1m 30s|
|Time||28m 14s||49m 05s|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A weaker variant, the Colonial Cruiser, only appears in level 20-23 Planetary Cargo Fleets that carry Antimatter.
- It was originally a corvette, but is now designated as a cruiser due to its firing arc.
- It used to be faster than most other cruisers, making it a great low-level troll ship. Since the grand rebalance, however, this perk has been removed and it is now considered inferior to the Exodus Cruiser,
- The Destiny Cruiser has a very small hitbox size compared to its visual model. Shots that seem to connect to its rear will actually miss.
- The Destiny Cruiser's front is much bigger than you think, having a massive downward bulge usually never seen.
- A bonus to weapon speed was added to cruiser mark upgrades towards the end of 2017.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Destiny Cruiser facing off against an Exodus Cruiser
Destiny Cruisers kiting Revelation Cruisers
Destiny Cruisers fleeing from Venom Battleships