THIS EVENT ENDED ON 12TH OF AUGUST. DECIMATOR FLEETS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE AND DATA CORES CAN NO LONGER BE OBTAINED.
Event Overview[edit | edit source]
|“||Nothing is as it seems.||”|
|— CM Skeedorr|
The mystery voice is heard broadcasting from multiple locations, confounding Bertram and Vorzer.
Event Quotes[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
Deception was the 3rd event of VEGA Conflict, and the first one to be hosted on Unity. It introduced the Arrestor Beam Turret, Fusion Thrusters, and the top prize, the Gharial Cutter.During the event players suffered a Ddos attack (Ddos is a way of hacking which overloads a server and prevents any connection made into that server, so in the players case they couldn't join Vega Conflict) which made KIXEYE extend the event by 1 day making it the first event to have a 5 day duration.
It Was different in the fact that each vega fleet had 10 Ships in each fleet insted of the usual 6, making them very challenging to defeat. Level 27 Cargo fleets contained 8 Weak Swarm Corvettes and 2 Weak Gharial Cutters. Level 30+ Fleets contained 6 Corvettes, 2 Gharial Cutters and 2 Dread Battleships in a different formation. The higher the fleet level, the better the shields and weapons, but the formation and ships stayed the same for level 30+ Fleets
Event Information[edit | edit source]
|SCHEDULED EVENT DATES|
|START TIME||3:00 pm PDT|
|END TIME||3:00 pm PDT|
|START DATE||Thursday, August 7, 2014.|
|END DATE||Tuesday, August 12, 2014.|
|GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION|
|EVENT TYPE||Attack||Vega Decimator (attack)|
|DURATION OF EVENT||5 days||Event Shop closes Wednesday, 13 August 2014|
Event Prizes[edit | edit source]
|New Prizes||Amount of Intel|
|Fusion Thrusters I||Arrestor Beam Turret I||50,000|
|Fusion Thrusters II||Arrestor Beam Turret II||250,000|
|Fusion Thrusters III||Arrestor Beam Turret III||750,000|
|Fleet Level||Amount of Data Cores Received|
Fleet Layouts[edit | edit source]
For more information about the event fleet layouts, please refer here: Main Event Targets/VEGA Mining
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Deception was named after the fact that It deceived some players into thinking the Vega fleets only had 6 ships
- Deception Elite 55 Vega Fleets were among the strongest NPC fleets ever, before the introduction of V-Sec 55's
- During the event, Vega A.I changed to make them stronger, focusing on 1 target until that target is dead, and strafing to dodge shots, just like in all events so Far
- On August 7, 11:00 PDT, the game was subjected to a DDoS attack by unknown users. This caused KIXEYE to extend the event by a day and give all players logged in 250 free coins on August 10.
- This event has the most complex A.I structure, more than Uprising (stayed the same) and Retribution (Vulture and Condor Frigates would strafe, but not much else).
- This is the first event to have a 5 day duration.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Riot • Civil War • Alien Mobilization • Alien Decimation • Special Event • Smash & Grab • Planet Strike • Sector Strike • Alien Strike • Crafting Event • Alliance War • Mobilization • Decimation • Void Strike • Altairian Rising • Umbra Rising • Pharmakon Rising • Altairian Strike • Umbra Strike • Pharmakon Strike
2014 Feature Events
2015 Feature Events
2016 Feature Events
2017 Feature Events
2018 Feature Events
2019 Feature Events
2020 Feature Events